One of the world’s largest independent distributors of automotive spare parts, whose customers include OEMs, dealerships and independent warehouse distributors.
The Global Truck Parts Brand had grand ambitions
They were trying to address some challenges too
- Performance Issues
Product search would take more than 15 secs and 45 secs to load the website. This is a huge lag by web standards and was causing significant user drop-off.
- Eliminate downtime
Legacy systems caused website downtimes during integration of new applications.
- Lacked control and visibility of partner websites
Needed a solid Digital Architecture for rapidly building ecommerce sites for partners and centrally managing them.
- Pricing mismatch between ware-house and UPS service call in the website
Faced serious issues with mismatched ordering quantities for individual products and “kits” or packages. While ordering 5 quantities, the price was calculated for 5 units instead of 5 packages resulting in huge financial losses to the client.
- Understanding their business environment and digital goals
Ameex’s Digital Strategic Consulting team consisting of digital strategists, .NET consultants, senior architects and ecommerce consultants.
- Complete review of their digital ecosystem
Reviewed their existing architecture to identify risks, areas to improve code maintenance and performance, and identified which data sources or applications to keep or drop.
- Creating a roadmap
Defined detailed feature and process areas based on current and future requirements /roadmap
Building a New Platform for B2B Growth
Ameex deployed a .NET Core-based headless architecture so that the client can easily create and manage content from one instance and deliver it across all partner websites built on open-source applications. This hybrid approached was a game changer for the client as it helped them to support localized content and multi-site scenarios, rapidly build customer-facing ecommerce portals for their partners, and have better control over content creation and delivery.
- Hybrid approached was a game changer for the client as it helped them to support localized content and multi-site scenarios.
- Rapidly build customer-facing ecommerce portals for their partners, and have better control over content creation and delivery
Enhancing User Experience
Separation between back and frontend allowed our customer to maintain, improve, and fix any issues in the backend, all without affecting the performance and eliminating costly downtime. Layering the architecture and independent servers for the client and business partner’s sites ensured improved code maintenance and performance. Ameex’s website performance specialists fine-tuned the website loading time, which was brought down from 15 seconds to under 3 seconds.
- Website Loading Time was Brought down from 15 second to from 3 second
The UPS Fix
The Ameex team analyzed the root cause of shipping and order mismatches and then bundled products into a package, therefore correcting the weights in the process. This resolved the pricing mismatch via UPS, eliminating huge losses per shipment.
- The Ameex team analyzed the root cause and resolved the pricing mismatch via UPS, eliminating huge losses per shipment
- Personalization Recommendations
- Track user behavior and recommend products based on user’s searches, purchases and items added to cart
- Capture search terms with results and without results – helps in setting up related search terms for a given product
- Google Analytics
- For tracking user behavior on the websites – Search term, Event, Ecommerce, User session tracking on client’s and partner’s websites
- User ID feature of GA has been leveraged to track each user’s behavior on the websites
- Google Data Studio
- For consolidated reporting of Google Analytics data, to identify logged in users and inactive users
- Delivered dashboard to track usage and compliance of new websites
Complete Engagement Visibility
- 70%Reducing time
Faster - Headless B2B commerce solution gave the client more flexibility and scalability to rapidly launch partner sites, reducing time to market by 70%.
- 500%Improved website
Improved Conversion - Improved website performance by 500% - loading time reduced from 15 seconds to under 3 seconds.
Increased Engagement – Integration of existing ERP with client’s and their partner’s websites increased data accuracy, visibility and improved customer self-service.