Magento 2 Upgrade drives B2B online revenue growth by 2.5X.
Chemplex Industries, Inc. specializes in manufacturing products related to the preparation of samples for x-ray spectrochemical analysis. Being an early adopter of B2B eCommerce powered by Magento, Chemplex was able to quickly save sales and operating costs while offering self-serve capabilities for their authorized partner and resellers across the globe. However, the B2b Platform was running on the older version Magento 1 had performance issues which caused inconveniences to their customers and affected search rankings.
- Build a powerful & flexible B2B eCommerce platform
- Fix platform performance issues that had impacted search rankings
- New features and enhancements to deliver superior buying experience across devices
- Stepping up their online store’s visual appeal
Understanding Chemplex’s Ecosystem
Ameex’s Digital Strategic Consulting team consisting of Magento Certified Consultants, Digital Strategists and UX team
- Conducted Contextual Inquiry (CI) with all relevant stakeholders and gained deeper insights into their business goals and challenges.
- Reviewed their existing Magento platform to identify risks, areas to improve code maintenance and performance, design features, functionalities and order management.
- Defined detailed feature enhancements and creatives based on their needs.
Making the Big Move – Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration
Since Magento 1 Version is approaching its end of life (EOL), we proposed migrating to the latest version of Magento 2 which reduces the complexities in B2B buying and delivers enhanced online buying experience to their partners and resellers.
- Created a migration roadmap
- Built and tested the migrations scripts, integrations, configurations, design components and more
- Enabled lossless migration of categories, products, user data, URL, content, blog, etc
- Stabilized the website performance and optimized SEO metrics
- Launched the new store
Magento 2 sites typically run 20% faster than the older versions which led to improved search ranking and enhanced user experience.
With a new architecture, many new performance features out-of-the-box and implementation of SEO best practices, Chemplex now has a modern, flexible, blazing fast B2B shopping site with better SEO results.
Improving Order Management
The client’s website had major issues in product ordering feature causing inconvenience for their customers to order in bulk quantities. The order restrictions were addressed by implementing a new custom module which enabled their customers to order in large quantities without any limitations
A new product grouping feature was enabled as an add-on to ease order management for customers.
Building a unique custom tax module
A new custom tax exemption module was built exclusively for Florida based customers which was part of their business strategy
The overall results after delivering multiple solutions is quite astonishing!
- The website’s performance increased drastically with page load time under 3 seconds
- The new platform started ranking high in search engine results within first 3 months
- The customers’ order volume has more than doubled in a single quarter compared to previous half-yearly results
“I want to thank entire Ameex team for doing a fantastic job in upgrading our website to the latest version of Magento. Our customers are really impressed with the look and feel of the updated website and we are very excited about some of the new features. We look forward working with you in the future for feature improvements and SEO refinements.”
Michael Solazzi - President and Owner, Chemplex Industries, Inc
If you want to learn more about our upgrade process or implement one for your organization, let’s connect!