Opt in to get the latest updates.
Data Migration for a leading publishing company reduced solution cost by 65%
Client is a leading media and communication company and wanted to migrate from Salesforce to AWS.
- There were two source systems primarily – one to hold subscription details and another to hold customer details. These 2 systems were holding 20 plus tables.
- There were few other systems such as Demand Tools which was used for cleansing and data deduping.
- Millions of rows of data were generated daily between these two systems and this was pushed into Salesforce through a nightly batch process after applying different transformations.
- Domo was the platform used to meet the reporting needs of the various stakeholders.
- Salesforce license was expiring within 3 months of the project initiation.
- Over 350GB of data from Salesforce had to be migrated to the new environment.
- Salesforce had complex transformation rules (50+ Apex Triggers) which had to be understood and replicated.
- There was no prior documentation available, making the understanding of business rules complex.
- All the historical data (350+GB) is migrated from Salesforce into AWS.
- All the data transformation rules used in Salesforce have been replicated in AWS.
- Data from the two primary source systems and other systems (as appropriate) is now flowing seamlessly into AWS daily.
- Overall Solution Cost was reduced by 65% ( Salesforce License Cost vs Our New Solution). Open Source technologies were used as much as possible to reduce the cost.
- Daily Upsert process speed was increased by 30%.
- Error Management in the new solution reduced manual effort.
Want to learn more about how we have helped our clients with their analytics journey? let’s connect!