The impact of Automation testing on digital assets
Testing Automation has been a buzzword in the industry for a while now. With the introduction of concepts like DevOps, the quest for Automation testing has further gone high. Looking at the pros of Automated testing, we cannot be surprised about the rising demand for the process.
Automated testing offer four key benefits
- They reduce the manual efforts involved in this means, they reduce the cost of the project
- They are continuous and ongoing which greatly helps in reducing the time to market
- They are programmable. Implies the codes are reusable and can be used on multiple levels
- The error quo in automated testing is very less or almost zero. Implies reliability.
On an everchanging digital asset case like one of our clients who had frequent updates to their website, automated testing customized to various levels helped to change the entire process flow and make it more efficient.
The client had a clear-cut marketing strategy drawn for the next 5 quarters and it had multiple levels of digital assets within them. Now, every time they roll out a new one testing process when done manually turned to a bottleneck. Hence the requested for an automated testing framework which is both error-free and time-saving.
The outcome is supposed to help them with seamless deployments in quick time. The test process is expected to cover a vast area and increase the confidence level of the testing tool with quality outputs.
Developing the Automated Testing framework
Understanding the requirements, it was clear that automation and CI/CD are the way to go which can help satisfy the listed requirements of the customer.
Once this was justified, the challenge was to identify the scope of automation i.e, what are the steps that can be automated, what shall be te frequency of the automated testing process? How many phases of the testing process is to be followed? and above all, what will be the budget of the overall deployment and maintenance of the tool and process? This called for a serious set of discussion and debate both internally and with the client to define a clear roadmap that can answer all the above questions.
Through a rigorous research approach, we managed to define the scope of the project and the percentage of test cases that can be automated and the rest which shall continue to be tested manually.
Once this was penned down and agreed mutually, we went on to the next step which is implementing the same with the right set of tools. We built a trending automation framework that suits the customer use cases using the following tools
The result of the Automated testing framework
- A positive spike in the ROI since the new framework covered a vast area of the testing process and reduced a huge chunk of manual process bringing down the overall cost.
- Manual performance efforts were reduced by 60% with the new framework. This paved way for the resources to spend more time with other critical test processes.
- The new framework was designed in a way to suit the customer by covering all the business-critical scenarios and other used cases discussed.
- The tailor-made framework was designed to
- Our framework creation efforts were greatly optimized to suit the customer budget both in deployment stage and in the ongoing stage
- Quality of testing was improved to new standards, thus reducing critical outages/issues that are recurring.
Are you having a rigorous testing process? Interested to know how an automated test environment impact your process? Contact us to discuss more.
Developed in 1877, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is one of the oldest agencies in… Read More